School Reopening Plan- Revised

Please read the following information

TIME: 4:00pm
DATE: 1/11/21

After a long and lengthy process, we have decided that we will stay in the remote learning model until at least Jan. 11, 2021. This has been based on a variety of factors including:
  • The family surveys results. There were 167 submitted results- 87 to return and 80 to stay remote, basically even split. There were very strongly worded comments on both sides of the issue. 
  • I also took into consideration what the Highline SD, Federal Way SD, Kent SD and Auburn Sd were doing and they are staying remote until January. St. Vincents in Federal Way and Kennedy are also staying remote. 

Father Woodland and I have met and discussed this decision and he is supportive of staying remote. We will still be offering the 25% tuition discount and will continue to operate the teaching pods and afternoon Kids' Club. Please note that only 2 schools in the Archdiocese have offered a tuition discount and we are one of them. We are keeping a close eye on all financials. 

This has been an exhausting process but at least now we know where we will be for the next 12 weeks. We will closely monitor the situation and decide what will happen in January when we get closer to that point.